The Skelton Ranch marks a crossroads of history where time slows down and a sense of place sweeps you away. You feel the power of “Big Sky Country” here on what we call the front porch to the Rockies. Named for the cowboy artist who captured it all on canvas, Charlie Russell Country will capture you as well with its picturesque ranch landscapes and gracious people.
The Skelton Ranch has been designated as a nature conservancy and you’ll soon gain an appreciation for the way this ranch family maintains the landscape. They are good stewards of the land, ranchers preserving Montana frontier history, working to keep Montana, Montana. The 15,000-acre, 500-cow Skelton Ranch is located in a pristine area along the Rocky Mountain Front, only one hour south of Glacier Park, this ranch is known for its warm friendly atmosphere with a tradition of adventure and personal service.
Just a word of caution: after you’ve spent a few days with Steve and Alison Skelton, 4th generation Montana ranchers, and their children, Cassy (20) and Matt (17), you’ll begin to wonder whether you ever want to leave!
Custom tailored vacations, each featuring good ole ranch hospitality with a generous amount of “can do” attitude.
- Horseback riding geared to your level of interest with opportunity to gather and move cattle. We call it riding with a purpose.
- Learn the art of “horse whispering,” spend an evening with Steve in the round pen practicing natural horsemanship.
- Kick back and listen to Steve tell stories passed down from his grandfather who rode in the last open range roundup.
- Enjoy a guided nature tour, watch for wildlife from scenic vantage points and then return to savor ranch-raised natural beef and some of the best campfire-cooked food to ever come out of a Dutch Oven.
- Join neighbor Anne Dellwo of the POLLOCK as she provides you with a glimpse into this country’s rich past along the OLD WEST TRAIL. Feel the history…listen for echos…
- Visit the museum at nearby Bynum, a noted stop along Montana’s Dinosaur Trail Many of their featured specimens were found on the Skelton Ranch. Keep your eye out for dinosaur bones along the way. This area is an archeologist’s dream come true.
- Your bunkhouse windows face the prairie where the ranch horses are grazing waiting for your arrival.
New and tastefully decorated, large one-room bunkhouse with private bath easily sleeps four. (One queen, two twins)
- Non-smoking (except in designated areas).
+ Click Photos to Enlarge +